Sunday, November 14, 2010

Homecoming

 Blue went to his first dance, formal dance that is.
He asked Emma.
She is a foreign exchange student from Norway and she happens to live at his friend, Weston's house.
We looked up ways to ask someone to Homecoming. You can find anything online!
Blue went to Weston's house late one evening and had Weston outline his body with chalk while
he lay on the sidewalk outside the front door.
He then took CAUTION tape to tape off the area,
leaving a piece of paper taped to the ground that said,
"I will die if you don't go to homecoming with me"
I asked how she was suppose to know it was him, "I left a piece of paper with my name on it".
She answered him the week before the dance with a bag of Lifesaver Gummie candy with a note,
"Yes, I will be your LifeSaver and go to Homecoming with you. Emma"
Christy cleaning up his neck hairs.

Sundi happen to be coming home to visit that weekend.
Robert's mother brought her to Logan, Ut.
I made arrangements for Blue to meet up with her (I had to work)
and help him buy shirt and tie for
the dance.  I was already gone by the time he came home from Weston's that morning and 
didn't have a chance to talk to him.  He hopped in the car and headed to Logan to meet Sundi with the credit card I left him.  I called Sundi and she asked, "Does he have a phone with him?"
"NO"
"How will he know where to meet me if he can't call me?"
Blue didn't realize that Christy had moved after Sundi left to St. George, UT.
He drove all over looking for her and sat outside the old apt. building and Sundi and Christy
were driving all over Logan looking for him. He was suppose to bring her home with him, too.
The stores wouldn't even let him use my card, luckily he had just enough cash on him.
I felt bad that he had a frustrating experience, but everything worked out.
I was impressed with the tie and shirt he bought. 
He is my baby and sometimes I forget he CAN do things on his own.
He didn't have enough money for cologne, but Sundi picked that up for him after I called her.
Christy drove her over to Malad.
 Blue looked so sharp and handsome.
He is such a good, fun young man.
Both Weston and Blue have grown so much.  They all looked really nice.
Sundi, Christy and I were fussing over him,
we made him tie his tie at least 5 times to get it the right length.
"Don't put on too much cologne, you don't want her gagging all night"
"Spray it and then walk into the mist"
We had never met Emma before, she was beautiful!
I made a complete dork of myself.  I had it in my head Emma was blonde, aren't all Norwegians
blonde? (Her father is from Israel, but her mother is blonde, who is from Norway)
I saw the blonde with Weston and then turned to Emma (who is standing with Blue, da!)
and asked who she was.  When they left Troy said, "Did you have blonde in your head?"
"YES"
The following weekend they went on their "day date" over to Logan with 2 other couples.