Halloween this year was pretty quiet.
Blue went to a dance in Marsh Valley with his friend, Weston.
He came home saying he needed a plaid shirt.
"What is this for?"
"A western dance"
I took him to his dad's closet.
I took him to his dad's closet.
The first one I showed him was a nice western shirt, but he didn't like it.
I showed him some more plaid shirts,
"No way, I am not wearing any of those, stop it, put them away"
As I held up two shirts,
As I held up two shirts,
"Blue, you don't wear western clothing so none of them are going to look nice to you,
but this one is a nice looking shirt, this one is an old man shirt"
"OK, fine"
He looked really good and saved himself money, because he and his friend first
drove to Logan so Weston could buy a shirt from the Buckle... .$50!
Troy and I waited for our loyal Trick-or-Treaters, the Checketts family.
Before they came my Visiting Teachers, Sue Stevens and Janice Wakley came with a treat and a message about the Temple from our Prophet Thomas S. Monson.
My first thought was, "Who is trick-or-treating this early?" It was 3:30pm.
They are so fun and cute. I really enjoy it when they come visit me each month.
After the Checkett family came we went to our Bishop's home for a party, well
it wasn't like a party, party but just somewhere to go and be with other people
and have a little fun.
I made Dinner in a Pumpkin, but I cooked it too long.
By the time Troy and I had a turn at trying to get the pumpkin off the
cookie sheet and into a bowl it was just a blob.
I took it anyway.
Here is Phyllis Diller and her pirate husband a.k.a. Berry and Leila
Don and Debbie Buehler
We played the game 2 truths and a lie.
Learned a lot of new fun things about everyone.
My 2 truths were para-sailing in Mexico,
Troy delivering one of my babies,
and the lie, a high school homecoming queen.
Everyone thought the queen was true, fat chance.
They did not believe the baby delivery.
Troy's 2 truths were; owned a yellow ranchero and he
caught a leopard on his mission.
The lie was that he had gone to Germany.
By 9:00pm everyone started yawning and ready to go home.
I guess we are getting old.
No comments:
Post a Comment