Shane a.k.a. Light Jewel Dynamous
turns 49 this year.
Troy and I took him for ice cream at the Malad Drive-In,
where he and Troy enjoyed a Carmel Shake.
We caught him up on all of the family comings and goings;
weddings, missions, deaths, health and Tad moving to Utah.
The biggest shock to him was the passing of Robert Stebbins, their mother's husband.
"I really liked him"
Troy tried to stress to Shane that he needs to have a colonoscopy,
but Shane won't discuss it,
but Shane won't discuss it,
I don't think he has any intention of going to the doctors any time soon.
"Well, we better get back"
Abruptly we were driving him back to the Living Center, where he lives.
He knew they were waiting for his return to sing Happy Birthday and serve
Banana Cake, the cake he requested.
There were about 20 residencies waiting in the dinning room, ready to sing.
They were so gracious and welcoming of Troy and I and thanking Shane for the cake.
A man came to Shane,
"What do you want for your birthday?"
"I don't want anything"
He then preceded to pull a quarter out of his pocket, giving it to Shane,
"You can think of it as a gold piece"
As we were leaving and visiting with Shane another man walked up to Shane,
"Here is a gift for you"
It was a ZZ Top record album
Shane, "I don't even have a record player"
"That's ok, it's worth just having"
These people were so eager to visit with us.
One man told us what a good guy "Light" is, "We always go through our cigarettes
and Light always has some to spare till we pay him back".
Troy, "Do they pay up?", Shane, "Yea"
Another asked Troy if he liked tattoos,
"Yes, but I don't have any"
He then preceded to show us his tattoos on his back and both arms,
"The guy I was locked up with did it for me"
Shane is excited to see everyone in August for Sundi's wedding.
No comments:
Post a Comment