I picked up my little Achievement Girls at the school, TEN girls!
Where was I going to put all of them.
Two of the girls are in the older group, and one brought a friend.
I can't tell them they weren't welcome to come along.
Their backpacks filled my trunk.
I called a mother to help drive, she had children that needed to be places too,
so she was back and forth trying to help the best she could.
Our first stop was at my good friend Sally Thomson.
She was so excited to see the girls and had so much fun singing along.
I had the girls give her 2 boxes of chocolate covered cherries.
The girls, "These are for you"
Sally, "I love these"
The girls, "We know, they are you favorite"
Sally told us to sing to 2 of her good friends who are a "little blue".
Little Hannah sang a solo, she looked and sang like an angle
Sally, "She just lives around the corner"
The Girls, "CAN WE RUN THERE?"
Sally hopped in the car with me.
She wanted to see the expression on Deon's face.
She did not just live around the corner though, more like 4 blocks,
but the girls ran the entire way.
Some had me stop to get in the car, and when another got in
the first girl would get back out and run some more.
They are full of energy, they loved it.
Lou & Kerry were not home, too bad, they are so sweet.
Lou is elderly and takes care of her Down Syndrome son.
We then went to my home for Cinnamon Rolls and a story till their mothers came.
They loved going Caroling, singing to those little elderly women.
No comments:
Post a Comment