![]() | |||
| Painting by Harry Anderson |
Tonight's Family Home Evening was spent with neighbors and friends.
A neighborhood party was held at the Buehler home.
Lots of good food to eat, lots of little children running around.
After everyone had time to enjoy all of the good food,
we all gathered into the living room to have a family home evening lesson.
Colton Checketts, Blue's seminary teacher, conducted a lesson
"Bring Christ Into Christmas"
We focus on the baby Jesus during Christmas, but we need to
focus on the Resurrected Living Christ.
The Bastians, who will be new to the neighborhood shared how
they bring Christ into their Christmas.
"Each year each family member writes on a piece of paper, their gift to Christ for the coming
new year and places this paper in a large white box to be read
the following Christmas, sort of like a self evaluation. We do this before anything
thing else is done on Christmas morning."
Pam Gibson felt that the best way to bring Christ into Christmas was through Love.
Being together with neighbors and friends is the love of Christ.
What a wonderful blessing to be surrounded by good people doing good things
and sharing the Love of Christ.
I am grateful to be associated with the people of Malad.
The neighbors that could not make it were taken a plate of food to them.
Rather than exchanging gifts, each person brought a food item to be donated
to SECCA.

2 comments:
I love your blog. You are a great photographer and all your comments are heartfelt. I guess I just love you and the great wise soul you have become. Thank you for being my friend. :)
I love your blog. You are a great photographer and all your comments are heartfelt. I guess I just love you and the great wise soul you have become. Thank you for being my friend. :)
Post a Comment