Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Latest Project

A Rag Blanket

I have never made one of these.
I have seen a lot of them and thought they looked really easy to make.
With the help of some ladies at Wal-Mart, we were able
to figure out the amount of fabric I needed to make
a 45" square blanket with 5" squares.
I purchased a yard of 5 different prints.
Cut into 6" strips with a front and back side.
After sewing all of the strips together, with the seams out
I snipped all of the exposed seams, washed and dried.
I love it!
I think it turned out really cute.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I LOVE IT! IS IT FOR ME?! I want to learn how to do it. WILL YOU TEACH ME?! I need to get my sewing machine fixed. You did teach me how to crochet, and I will be forever grateful for that. :o)

Pam said...

It turned out adorable!!! Victoria has a blanket made the same way and it has washed up and lasted quite well. I really like the style. I have never made one myself...some day.