Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Around My Home

 These are some of my favorite Christmas decorations.
The Gingerbread man in the sled, Troy found on the side of the road
back when we lived in Washington.  He has to be out every year.
"I caught the Gingerbread Man"
Stockings I made for the kids.
The kid's snowmen made out of socks. Blue used a old sock, so rice falls out of
a toe hole.  I can't part with it though.
I love my card from Christine Gleave, a print by Robert Duncan.
See more of his paintings here
 The Normen Rockwell plate that Sally gave me, "The little boy is Blue" she says.
Ornaments made by the kids at school or primary.
I made a impression of Seth & Wind's hands when they were tiny.
Seth's broke, Wind framed his in a shadow box for my Christmas present a couple yr ago.
The dove is from the Christmas we spent in town living in the apartments.
Horrible Christmas, we were so poor and living at the apt was like Slumville.
I found our silk tree that the mice had been living in.
Sundi and sprayed flock on it, bought blue lights, I made a few doves (feathers added
later) and put Christmas cards in the tree. (The tree was tossed 
after Christmas)
 The snow beat us to the mountains before we could go cut a tree down.
I didn't want to spend $50 at the store so I have my little 4 ft tree up.
Seth, Sundi and Blue's first Christmas ornaments, Wind's is the hand.
My center piece that I made, I was so excited it turned out so nice.
 I love this picture of the kids with Santa, he was the best Santa I had ever seen.
I painted this Santa at a Relief Society overnight retreat in Provo, Utah.
Stayed up till 4 am painting two of them, one was going to be a gift.
I liked them so much I kept both, good thing, they both broke.
This one was salvageable.
My Santa's that Troy has given me.
The funny little snowman, Blue made all by himself.
I love it.

It's a wonderful time of year, full of memories, love, happiness,
joy, peace and celebration.
It's not about the "things" but the memories, family, friends, neighbors
and our Savior Jesus Christ.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
AND GOD BLESS

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love seeing your decorations. It makes me feel like I visited your house. I wish I could! Your new picture for the top of your blog is excellent! It is so awesome. Sundi, I love your jacket! You guys look like you had a great time. I am so glad you did it. Love you and miss you