Saturday, September 3, 2011

Chad and Brittany's Wedding Day

 August 6, 2011
Brittany and Chad were married in his mother's backyard.
The backyard had an earthy charm to it with Cathie's garden as a back drop.
The table had Kerr jars filled with a meadow selection of flower bouquets
and others with sand, seashells and tea lights.
White lights were strung from the house to the wishing well.
Tiki lights burned along the perimeter of the yard, at dark.
We were there quite early so I could put the cake together.
Chad had asked if I would make the cake, I was excited to do that for him.
A little nervous, but mostly excited for the opportunity.
I had never made a "wedding" cake or used fondant.
I really enjoyed doing that and was really pleased with the results.
So were they.
 Chad was SOOOOO happy!
He looked so handsome and Brittany was beautiful.
Parents, aunts and grandparents were emotional, but he was very happy.
The ceremony was done by Brittany's Bishop out by the wishing well under a big tree.
 Cathie prepared wonderful food.
My favorite was the Watermelon Salad, I couldn't get enough.
Watermelon, fresh basil, cinnamon, lime juice, feta cheese and chopped red onions.
Mmmmmmm! Mmmmmmm!
Good stuff.
 Then the fun began.
The chairs and tables were moved aside, the lights were lit and the music was played....
then dancing!
 The best part was seeing Kolbie and Cathie.
We had not seen them for more than 7 years.
They both looked so good and still sweet and beautiful as ever.
It was hard not to get emotional, because Cathie and I had done so much
together when our children were little.
She loves doing a lot of the same things I do, so I miss it.
Chad, I am proud of you for committing yourself to your choices,
your wife, soon to be baby girl and future.
It's a lot of hard work so soon in your life, but I have complete confidence in you
and you have LOTS of family supporting both of you.
You are a beautiful young man and we love you very much.

No comments: