Thursday, September 29, 2011

Swiss Days

Every year on a September weekend I show up at Allie's house and
then we head to Midway, Utah for Swiss Days.
Allie always invites a friend or two to join us for a couple days of 
fun, eating, hot weather, laughing, lots of walking and shopping...and shopping!
This year we were eating lunch and saw President Dieter F. Uchtdorf eating
lunch with his wife and body guard just a few tables over.
He just spoke to the women of the church in the Relief Society General Conference.
He spoke of the small "Forget-Me-Not" flowers being a
 symbol of the little things that make our lives joyful and sweet.
He spoke of five things that we would be wise to never forget:
Be patient and compassionate with ourselves
Some sacrifices are better than others
That we need not wait for a golden ticket to be happy
The why of the gospel will inspire and uplift us and
Never forget that our Heavenly Father knows, loves and cherishes us.

I enjoy meeting Allie's friends, they are all so much fun.
I go home with new fun decorations, new memories and new friends.

No comments: