| Jayson Slayter, Jason Gilgen, Blue and Weston Atkinson |
The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-Day Saints
in the
California, Sacramento English Speaking Mission!
He will enter the MTC (Mission Training Center)
in Provo, Utah on November 9, 2011 where he will be for 2 weeks.
He will serve for a total of 24 months.
I asked, How do you feel about that, "Pretty good!"
We are all very pleased and excited for him.
What a honor and privilege to serve the Lord by sharing the gospel with
others and bring people unto Christ.
He received the "letter" addressed to "Elder Blue River Mills"
in the mail at 11 am today and had to wait till we were
in the mail at 11 am today and had to wait till we were
present. At 4:30 pm his friends Weston, Gilgen and Slayter showed up.
His dad came home from Utah to be here.
We had a conference call where Grandma Carol, Pam Headley, Uncle Rich,
Allie Knell, Josh Knell and Sundi could hear while he read his letter to all of us.
We wished we had planned better so that we could have invited more people,
however, Blue was too excited to wait for us to call more people and the
conference call was a last minute thought.
Listen to the conference call here
Listen to the conference call here
WOW!
It was very difficult for me to keep working after I called earlier in the day to
see if the letter had come in the mail.
I was so excited that I felt sick to my stomach.
I am so grateful for Blue's friends and the influence they have been to each other.
Weston has been called to New Zealand and will leave Dec 28th
Slayter has been called to Texas and will leave in Nov after Blue.
Gilgen will be turning in his papers in a couple of months.
And off they went, 4 future missionaries!
see if the letter had come in the mail.
I was so excited that I felt sick to my stomach.
I am so grateful for Blue's friends and the influence they have been to each other.
Weston has been called to New Zealand and will leave Dec 28th
Slayter has been called to Texas and will leave in Nov after Blue.
Gilgen will be turning in his papers in a couple of months.
And off they went, 4 future missionaries!
No comments:
Post a Comment