Wind said he would take me horseback riding this summer.
The first night I visited with Seth and Wind, while Jessica was at work.
Seth and Jessica planted trees and Jessica has a beautiful Secret Garden.
Ki made himself handy to my ice water.
The neighbor's dog got a hold of one of the chickens,
the same one that came camping with us.
the same one that came camping with us.
Seth found his gun and before going out the door says,
"Poor Silver Spoon has been through a lot"
The chicken was fine and Seth dragged the dog back to it's owner.
I spent the night at Wind's. We go up early and prepared for the day.
Jessica came along, Seth would not ride with us. Not his favorite thing to do.
The morning seemed to take forever. We left at 8 am and didn't start riding till 2 pm.
We picked up the trailer, had to go to the store for a ball hitch, back to the trailer,
he asked Jess to get out and close the trailer door and before she could get back into
the truck he started to pull out onto the road. He thought that was funny. We picked up
food to bring; bottle of ketchup, bottle of mustard, buns and sausage hotdogs.
We thought for sure Kanook would take forever to load up but when he saw the
other horses in the trailer, he jump right in.
The drive there was beautiful!
Wind could not remember where the place was, but he finally got us there.
Wind got all of the horses ready for us.
Wind had to adjust my stir-ups three times.
Jessica and I had a hard time with a our cameras,
so he pulled rope out and cut us each a piece so that
we could tie them around our neck.
so he pulled rope out and cut us each a piece so that
we could tie them around our neck.
We rode through meadows, forests, over cliffs, by ponds and in the dark.
The rocky edge of the mountain behind the foreground tree is where we rode to.
We finally stopped to eat on the mountain ledge.
I was so sore from riding, it felt good to get off for an hour.
It was very crude eating, but it worked and tasted good.
It was getting late and Wind was worried that we wouldn't make it back before dark. At one point he was going to tie our horses to his, but we convinced him that we would keep up. However, our horses were tired and their feet were sore because they had no shoes on. They would not stay on the trail and would walk very slowly into the trees and shrubbery.We finally got to the road at dark and were able to find our way back to the truck. I have never been that sore. I started getting grumpy at the end, I was sore, it was freaking me out being out there in the dark. When I thought we were almost there it just kept going and going, and it was pitch black, then we saw Wind's truck lights come on. Jessica never complained, but then I don't think I have ever heard her complain. She is pretty agreeable.
Ya!
We were tired and sore, but it was so worth it.
I loved it and can't wait to go again.
It's nice when I get to enjoy things because of my children.
Thank you Wind and Jessica.







No comments:
Post a Comment