Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bees

 Bees!!!!
Who would ever think I would care about each one of these little insects.
I didn't want any of them to fly away, stepped on or squished.
Troy and I drove to SLC to pick-up my bees.
It freaked me out when the guy handing me my package of bees had a swarm flying around him.
He told me the bees were self contained and the "hitch hiking" bees will just go to the window.
Half hour down the road Troy says, 
"I don't know! There seems to be a lot of bees in that back window"
Me, "Oh my gosh! There is a hole"
They were coming out one after another.
Every now and then they came up front.
Troy, "I think one just flew into my beard"
No bee in his beard, but one did poop on his head.
I had to stop at Kohl's real quick,
Troy stayed in the car to keep the air conditioner on.
When I returned and opened the door, "Oh, you just let 3 bees fly away"
 My cousin, Pam and her family came to watch me put the bees in their hive.
I was completely suited up and everyone else was in their T-shirts,
shorts and flip flops.
Kirk read the step by steps of putting the queen and bees into the hive.
I don't think I was listening very well, too nervous.
Troy, "Slow down and think about what you are doing"
I don't think I did either.
 Later that night Troy and I discovered that we each had one sting with no reaction.
 I'm so excited and hope they love their hive and make us lots of honey.


No comments: