Monday, August 18, 2008
Life's Transitions
I find this stage of life very confusing and lost. I have focused on the children for so many years and now three of our four are out of the house making their own way in the world. It is scary letting them go, you just hope you taught them enough. You hope they have the skills to work, manage money, save money, spend money, communicate, find a companion, socialize, cook, maintain a job, pay bills, home, car, serve others, do good in the world, etc.. They still need us but differently. They call for recipes and instructions on how to cook something, or for our counsel about a purchase, school, job, loans or just call to tells us of their lastest adventures, discoveries, disappointments and accomplishments. Most importantly you hope they have a testimony of their Savior. You hope they love the Lord enough to be obedient to His laws that their lives my be blessed, protected, guided and enriched. However, whether you have done your job as a parent correctly and accomplished your stewardship they go and move on. Then your left with, "What do I do now?" I can't be too quick to say that I do have Blue home for at least three more years. I am grateful for him and that he is here while I ease into my next stage of life of an "empty nester". I think what makes it more difficult is that Troy is gone A LOT and I am not working a 40 hour a week job. I do miss Troy a lot and wish we had time for us. I have a lot of time on my hands. I know it is a matter of adjusting and just when I have it figured it out things will change again. Until then I am trying to organize myself so that I am productive and useful with my time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was great to read. You are so smart. I am so proud of you.
Post a Comment