Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tuesday Tell All :Shaping Up


Shaping Up! I am suppose to share my working out routine. I do exercise or try to. I once stopped for a year and it was so hard to start again that I swore I would never stop even if it is a couple times a week. My routine is always changing or I get bored. How many times a week depends on how I feel and how busy I am. I don't stress myself out over it. I at least try for 3 times a week, but right now I have been managing 5 times a week. I have gone to the gym here in town, but can't afford it right now. I have done tapes, but got tired of them. My favorites though are Karen Voight and the Firm. I don't like the ones that are all cardio and dancing stuff. I do like the ones that use weights. My job at Hess Pumice was great for getting into shape but at the same time it was too repetitive movement and caused shoulder problems. I don't especially like working out but I do like the way I feel after I have. Mix that with eating right (fruit, veggies, grains, a little protein and NOT OVER EATING) and I feel great! It will be an on going process. Right now (because it could change next week) I am sort of following (because I am not following it rigidly) the Body For Life book by Bill Phillips. I use weights every other day and cardio opposite days. The days I use weights I alternate from upper body to lower body. For cardio I have been walking/jogging for 2 miles. I like it because I only have to do cardio for 20 min., heck I can do that. I have been doing that in the evenings after the sun is down and sometimes there is a nice breeze. My mother was always been a good example to me. I can remember her always doing something to keep herself in shape, mostly in her 40's. At different times she has had a row machine, stationary bike, various new exercising gadgets, weight lifting machines, jogging or riding her bike to work ( I loved that because I got to take the car to school!) or going to the gym and always trying to eat right. I don't remember her cooking casseroles like so many families do, it was steamed veggies and broiled meat! Yum! Now Sundi is always talking about getting herself an exercising program going. Everyone should exercise, you feel so much better about yourself and you have a better outlook on life (we all need that!)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Kathy-Pam and I are sitting here at my house reading your great blog and we are talking about the broiled meat and steamed vegies, guess what, she does it too......Your blog is fantastic. Yeah Kathy it's great!!! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!