Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Tree

These Holidays are a little rough without any children home.
This is a hard transition, but we must carry on.
I wanted to just stay in bed this morning and then remembered I wanted to cut a
tree down for Christmas.
Our van is worthless in the snow but we went for it.
We got the van up Elk Horn Canyon as far as we could before it lost traction and we were forced to stop.
We were blocking the road, so we hustled up the steep side of the mountain.
We just get to the top, huffing and puffing and we hear trucks coming up the road.
Me , "Should we go down?"
Troy, "No, do you want this one?
Me, "I'm getting upset, we better go down and move the van"
Troy, "I'm NOT going down the mountain without a tree, it was too hard 
getting up here"
Then we hear, "TROY!"
Shoot! They knew it was us.
"Yea?"
"Is there someone up there to move your van?"
"Yea"
He quickly picks a tree, cuts it down and hauled it down the mountain.
We were able to get the van over enough for them to get around, but we had to drive
the van backwards out of the canyon. We got stuck three times!
We just didn't want to slid off the side that dropped off, causing the van to roll over.
Troy loves going up there in the van and cutting a living tree down......NOT!
I was grateful he kept his grumbling to a minimal.
That was the quickest Christmas tree cutting ever and it isn't a bad tree.
 A little Charlie Brownish, but they make the cutest trees.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I am going to have to come up and see your tree!

Carol said...

I hope you take a picture after decorating it. I would love to see it. You two are awesome.