Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Count Down-1 Day

Well this is it!
Tomorrow is the big day.
This evening, at about 7 p.m. Blue was ordained a missionary with his first
companion being his dad, Troy.
Stake President Wray said, "Elder Mills meet your first companion, Elder Mills"

Blue spent the first part of his day in his room, till Jason Gilgen picked him up to
see Jayson Slater for his birthday.
I packed the last few things needed, brought the luggage downstairs and sat on the
couch waiting and feeling sick.
I finally call Slater's mother, "Do you have an AWAL missionary over there?"
"I'm glad that you have been able to enjoy him these past few days, maybe I
should come over and hang out."
He finally came home at 5 p.m., he gave me just enough time to give him a hair cut
and for him to shower and get ready for his 6:15 p.m. appointment with Pres. Wray.
Troy offered a prayer before leaving, and at that point Blue became very solemn
for the rest of the evening.
The setting apart blessing was beautiful, I wish I had a recording of it.
Presd. Wray is a wonderful man, spiritual giant.

No comments: