Our last Sabbath Day with Blue!
Today was Fast and Testimony Sunday and I didn't give it much thought till,
Bishop Jenson mentioned Friends.
My heart began to pound out of my chest, I could hardly breath.
I expressed my gratitude for Blue's friends, leaders, teachers, Bishop and all
of those in the ward who was an example and good influence in Blue's life
that helped him be where he is today.
that helped him be where he is today.
I bore testimony of this great church and what a blessing and privilege it is
to me to be a member.
to me to be a member.
I felt an overcoming desire to let Blue know that I know that Joseph Smith was
a Prophet of God, and I know that the Book of Mormon was brought forth by
the Power of God and is ANOTHER witness of Christ.
I know that we have a living Prophet today, Thomas S. Monson,
who is a servant of the Lord and guides His church here on earth.
a Prophet of God, and I know that the Book of Mormon was brought forth by
the Power of God and is ANOTHER witness of Christ.
I know that we have a living Prophet today, Thomas S. Monson,
who is a servant of the Lord and guides His church here on earth.
I know I can follow his counsel because I know it will never be contrary to God's will.
Jesus Christ is our beacon of light that will NEVER fail us.
Troy bore his testimony also and expressed his regret for not raising his older
boys to serve missions.
He shared of the time when he went on 2 missions.
The first mission was to Billings, Montana. He was so scared that shortly after
getting out into the mission field he left.
getting out into the mission field he left.
While his companion was in the shower he packed his cloths, took the phone out of
the wall and hid it, faked a name at the airport and boarded a plane back to
California. There he hung with his friends for a couple of weeks till he could face
the wall and hid it, faked a name at the airport and boarded a plane back to
California. There he hung with his friends for a couple of weeks till he could face
the fact that he needed to go home to his family.
He had a good Bishop, who during Sacrament came down and told Troy that they
needed to visit in his office. The Bishop convinced him to go back out on his mission.
needed to visit in his office. The Bishop convinced him to go back out on his mission.
This time he was called to Albuquerque, New Mexico.
His first person to teach was a, "Big fat, long red haired man".
Once again, all of those fears came back to him, but the
"big fat, long red haired man" encouraged him and he got through the lesson.
"big fat, long red haired man" encouraged him and he got through the lesson.
"I love that big fat, long red haired man"
He over came his fears and completed his mission.
I don't think it's quiet hit me, I think it will when we are in the car driving to Utah.
The gigantic game TV is gone, YEA!!!!!
The gigantic game TV is gone, YEA!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment