Elder Mills' farewell was
October 30, 2011
at the Malad Stake Center.
Family and friends were there with us to wish Blue a successful mission.
When Blue walked into the chapel dressed in his suit, I started to cry...
| Weston, Jason, Tyrell, Blue, Jayson, Skylar |
he looked like a missionary.
Like Allie Knell said, "He glowed"
He was so nervous to give his farewell talk, but he didn't look nervous.
He spoke on "The Role of The Book of Mormon" from preach my Gospel.
He came home late Saturday night, flipped on my bedroom light and gives me
He came home late Saturday night, flipped on my bedroom light and gives me
the look, "What am I going to do about tomorrow?"
At first I thought there was something wrong and then realized what was up,
"No way! I have been trying to get you to work on it all week, just go to bed
and get up early in the morning"
He started out telling everyone, "I want to thank everyone for coming to my farewell,
and the money given to help pay for my mission which made my mom happy....
so I will see you in two years"
He then went to sit down......pause!
He came back to the podium, "Just kidding, that would be crazy if I did that"
The meeting was wonderful, specially the musical number
"Come Thou Font of Every Blessing"
I was so grateful for beautiful weather.
We had 62 people come to our little home after church to eat and visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment