Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Entering MTC

Every mother I know that has dropped a missionary off at the
Missionary Training Center
has told me this day would be bitter/sweet.
They are so true!
I feel very depressed, but there is no other place I would have rather dropped 
Blue off at.
 This morning Blue's Grandma Julie made us breakfast.
Troy, Blue, Grandma Julie and I met my mother at the Povo temple.
There in the temple was Kendal King, one of Blue's Malad friends who has
already entered the MTC. They were excited to see each other, I think it helped Blue
to see a familiar face, it did me I almost started crying.

 There is a special spirit about this temple, the temple next to the MTC where there
are always groups of missionaries coming and going.
The missionaries were so happy and would often wave.
There were several other families around the temple taking family photos with their
missionary who were soon to be leaving.
 We took pictures, but Blue was being his Eeyore self and wouldn't let me take any
more than was necessary.
I think that was the hardest part, I couldn't tell what Blue was thinking or feeling.
He was very quiet and I am sure he was nervous and wanted everyone to leave
him alone.
Entering the MTC was exciting. People everywhere directing us where to go and
Missionaries everywhere, smiling and waving and eager to greet the new
missionaries. We were directed to a slot on the curb running along
in front of the building, where 2 missionaries were waiting for our arrival.
Vehicles were pulling up while others were driving away.
We pulled Blue's two pieces of luggage out onto the curb, Troy shook his
hand, Grandma Julie hugged him and then I did.

 THAT is when I cried, "I love you" and a kiss on the cheek.
 I wanted to hold him longer......"I love you too"
He was pulled into the crowd of missionaries being directed to the
entrance of the MTC and we pulled away with tears in our eyes.
It was so fast.
I could only identify Blue from the rest of the missionaries by
his red luggage.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Oh, Kathy! It made me cry. I can't imagine sending my children off for 2 years. I'm so proud of Blue for making this decision and you are such a strong woman, you'll be able to get through this. Be happy and if you need to talk or eat, just call me! *hugs* Love you!!

Katherine said...

*smile* I like the eating part! Thanks Erica you are a good friend. I feel bad that I am not more happy.

Pam said...

Oh, you made me cry! I am so happy for Blue even though it is so hard to go away for two years. It makes me want to cry thinking about Blue let alone about my own kids.

Carol said...

You are so good in your descriptions it made me cry too.