Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Time With Family

All of the kids came home to spend the weekend together one more time before Blue
leaves on his mission.
Saturday we had family photos taken, then we carpooled to Logan, Utah.
In Logan we met up with Mom, Rich and Robert at the Texas Road House to eat.
 Then after dinner we all met up with Kirk, Pam and kids at the
Green Canyon Farm Corn Maze!
 It was great being with everyone.
All of the adults and smaller kids followed a map and found there way out quickly,
while the older children and me wondered around in circles much longer.
I was COMPLETELY LOST, no clue where we were.
After getting to the center Wind took the lead and walked us right out
not missing a turn, I was amazed.
Sundi kept saying, "You just need to follow your instincts"
The chain saw dude made my wet my pants, I know "gross".
After saying good-bye to the Headley family Robert came home with us and Mom
and Rich followed us back to Malad to spend the night.
Blue was driving with me, Sundi, Wind and Robert in the car when
he was pulled over after speeding by a parked police officer.
Me, "If you get a ticket you can't leave on your mission!:
Blue, "REALLY!"
The officer left with Blue's DL and when he returned he said,
"Well, I could make your evening really miserable"
"Your back brake light is out and your tabs are expired since May
which I could impound your car for"
and of course Blue was going 73 in a 65 speed zone.
I promised I would take care of my tags after I went on and on about how
shocked I was that my tags were expired SINCE MAY!
He let us off the hook!
I thanked him since Blue was leaving for a mission on the 9th.
Officer, "Getting a ticket isn't so bad, I almost couldn't leave on my mission"
We had a full house, I think everyone slept well enough.
Seth and Jess had their own room.
Rich, Robert, Wind and Blue were upstairs.
Grandma and Sundi in the living room.
There were a few snoring heads (I won't mention names) that kept some awake.
Blue went to his friends, getting home late, so he got the squeaky cot.
I was so grateful for the many people that helped by bring or preparing food for 
Sunday, it made it possible for me to enjoy my family on Saturday with very little
stress. Sundi was concerned that I was not preparing enough food, till I told her
I had it all taken care of.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I had a wonderful time Kathy and that weekend will always be remembered...Thank you. And thank you for fixing my blog. I like it.
Love you.

Pam said...

Hey, I need that photo of the group for my blog! Hurry it up will ya?!