Sunday, August 15, 2010

Breaking the Sabbath

 Blue and I went to church. He wanted to stay home because he was too tired from playing games with his friends last night. I made beef stew and corn bake for dinner, also a chocolate cake for Blue's birthday (better late than never, right?).  I was feeling sorry for myself while making dinner alone in the kitchen, Sundi never showed up or called to let me know she wasn't coming, Blue was rude to me and it triggered a cry. Once Blue saw that I had made him a cake, he apologized to me.  Today I knitted, read my scriptures, put the goat back into it's pen, rolled a new bale of hay closer to the goat's pen (that was not easy, those suckers are heavy), scooped out the goat's old water with a dead mouse floating in it, watered the garden and took a nap. 

My garden is the worse I have ever had. The weeds are taller than the vegetable plants.  Casey and Brenda are coming this weekend and I am embarrassed to have them see it that way.  I have decided that I am going to have it weeded before they come.  After watering it for several hours, I couldn't resist going out and pulling the weeds up out of that soaked earth. The ground was like soft butter. I put on rubber gloves and weeded till it was too dark to see what I was doing.  I enjoy weeding, not sure why but do.  My shoes were so muddy I could hardly walk. My hands were so tired and the gloves so caked with mud I could hardly pull anymore weeds. Zeus had been chasing Henny Penny through the garden. It got quiet, so I looked to see what Zeus was doing. All I can say is, I have a sick dog! He had the chicken down and  (I don't know how else to say this) humping the chicken, over in the bushes. I KNOW!

2 comments:

Erica said...

My garden is HORRIBLE this year. Must've been the weird spring. Your dog is a pervy! So funny though. Thanks for making me laugh.

Pam said...

Bad Dog! You are a sick puppy! It's just wrong!... kathy, I love reading what you write. You make me laugh. I wish I was there with you, I like to weed too but it is too hot here so I don't. I have grass growing tall between all of my sunflowers. It looks horrid ... but green.