Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Raspberry Freezer Jam

The girls and I went to the Corbridge Farm to pick raspberries to make freezer jam.
I am so upset with myself for forgetting the camera when they were picking raspberries.
They were eating them as fast as they were picking them.
I had to explain to Stephie what a hornet was.
Notice Stephie is not putting a raspberry in her mouth, she does not like them.
While making the jam they were starting to argue over who's turn it was to stir, so I 
told them them the story of the Window's Mite.  
We talked about sharing and when we share it keeps us from becoming selfish and greedy.
No sooner did we finish and one of the girls stated that she was not going to share her jam.
I said, "WHAT?"
After making jam they jumped on the trampoline in the blazing heat.
The sprinkler was set under the trampoline and so I decided to turn it on.
They all screamed like little excited girls do.
I turned it off, "NO, turn it on and leave it on".
Needless to say, their mothers picked up sopping wet, happy little girls.
They assured me that their mother's would not be upset that their cloths were soaking wet.
They weren't.


No comments: