Wind's horse ribbons and buckle he won.
The kids loved getting their ribbons.
Specially because they gave them money to spend at the fair.
Blue got $3
Red got $1.50
White got $1.00
(I think that is how much they got)
The bigger ribbons didn't get any money, just notoriety.
Well Wind never won Grand Champion that first year with his lamb, but he came back the next year with his pig and won that Grand Champion Ribbon.
He one first place in Quality and Showmanship (he was so good)
Each winner of both divisions from each category (beef, pig, lamb) then goes back into the arena and the judge picks the Grand Champion.
It was so exciting to have Wind win.
Wind who isn't a farm kid and never had been raised with these animals.
He one first place in Quality and Showmanship (he was so good)
Each winner of both divisions from each category (beef, pig, lamb) then goes back into the arena and the judge picks the Grand Champion.
It was so exciting to have Wind win.
Wind who isn't a farm kid and never had been raised with these animals.
He auctioned his pig for just over a $1000.
He was pretty proud of his pig and his self.
I was too.
They then can compete in the Round Robin.
That is where they bring their animal into the arena together and everyone has to take turns show each animal.
Wind had to show a beef, lamb, pig and goat.
They then can compete in the Round Robin.
That is where they bring their animal into the arena together and everyone has to take turns show each animal.
Wind had to show a beef, lamb, pig and goat.
At the rodeo the Grand Champion and Reserve Champion were paraded around the horse arena with their pigs for everyone to see.
Sundi was so dang cute in her little blue gingham shirt and french braids.
I think she one second place in quality.
I forgot to mention that Wind was allowed to show a lamb for showmanship, he used someone else lamb.
Here are the newspaper clippings of Sundi and Wind's awards.
Wind had been collecting bugs and made this box to keep his collection in.
Open Class is where anyone can enter anything they wanted into the fair.
I told Wind he should enter his collection in and he got a Grand Champion ribbon for it.
Sundi sewed and would do the Style Review.
That is a fashion show where they model their outfits they made.
Here she is holding up the two-piece dress she made.
Ok, here is a treat for you...don't laugh to hard.
Pretty dorky looking.
Me at 14 with my 4-H lamb.
I had my children try 4-H because I enjoyed it so much when I was young.







3 comments:
What an awesome experience! And I love that picture from 1976! Wow, Kathy...you look so serious:)
heehee this is GREAT! I didn't realize how much WIND looks like you!! So fun!
Oh my gosh Kathy, that picture is hysterical. You are so cute and serious. You are were always committed to your goals. I love that about you.
Post a Comment